Rebar is a steel bar or mesh of steel wires used as a tension device in reinforced concrete and reinforced masonry structures to strengthen and hold the concrete in tension. Rebar’s surface is often patterned to form a better bond with the concrete. When added to concrete, the rebar adds strength and flexibility, which concrete alone does not have.
- Can be used as a forming stake or connector tie
- Ridges help concrete grip the bar
- Rusting does not affect performance
- Rebar may also be used to hold other steel bars in the correct position to accommodate their loads
- Raised ridges helps concrete grip the bar
- Adds strength to concrete to prevent cracks
- Manufactured from high levels of recycled raw scrap material